Course 201 – Introduction to Sandplay Therapy: Overview of Process & Procedures – Part 1
About this Course
This is the first of a three-part series introducing the Jungian Sandplay therapy method. This course features an overview of the procedures in Jungian Sandplay. This class introduces Dora M. Kalff’s theoretical concepts of the how Sandplay works to heal and transform.
- Introduce Jungian Sandplay therapy as a non-verbal play therapy.
- Become familiar with the basic tools and equipment involved in the Sandplay therapy process.
- Identify the procedures involved in Sandplay therapy.
- Explore the role of the therapist in Sandplay therapy.
- Discuss the Jungian theory that underlies Sandplay therapy.
- Introduce the concept of the symbol.
- Illustrate these concepts with Sandplay casework.
After taking this class the participant will (will be able to)…
- Describe the basic tools and proceduresinvolved in Jungian Sandplay therapy.
- Have a fundamental grasp of Jungian personality theory and its role in Sandplay.
- Understand how and why Jungian Sandplay is a play therapy.
- Have a fundamental grasp of how symbols move the psyche in the Sandplay case examples provided.
- Have a clear understanding of why thorough training is necessary for Jungian Sandplay practice.
CE Hours: 6
Reading: The Handbook of Sandplay Therapy – Turner…pages 1-5
Sandplay: A Psychotherapeutic Approach to the Psyche
Kalff…pages ii, 1-18, 139-141
Test: 107 questions
Enrollment Fee: $49.00