About this course
Jungian Theory in Sandplay Therapy - Part 4
Symbol Formation and the Transcendent Function
This course concludes the four-part series on Jungian Theory in Sandplay Therapy. This class focuses on the dynamics of symbol formation and the transcendent function in healing and transformation. Sandplay case material is explored using these concepts as a tool for understanding and coming into relationship with the psyche's movements as it grows and changes.
1. To define the dynamics "symbol formation," and the "transcendent function" from the personality theory of Carl G. Jung.
2. To examine the functions of these dynamics of Jungian theory in psychic healing and transformation.
3. To explore sandplay case material, using these psychic dynamics from Jungian theory as a framework for mapping the psychological changes undergone by the client in sandplay work.
4. To provide the therapist with a tool for entering a more conscious relationship with the largely unconscious sandplay material.
After taking this class, the Learner will be able to...
1. Articulate the psychic dynamics of symbol formation and the transcendent function from Carl G. Jungs personality theory.
2. Have a working understanding of these dynamics of personality in the changes undergone by the psyche in processes of healing and transformation.
3. Work with sandplay case material using these terms from Jungian theory as a framework for better comprehending the process.
4. Recognize the value of and utilize Jungian theory as one means of working with sandplay.
Reading ~ 16 pages
Online Lessons ~ 59 pages
Sandplay ~ Vignettes 3 Sand Trays ~ 12
Tests ~ 25 Essay Questions & 25 True/False Questions
15 Continuing Education Hours
$115.00 Enrollment Fee
* Please Note: The 300 series Courses are more advanced studies of the sandplay process that involve intensive work applying theory to actual sandplay case material. These courses build upon the prior work from the 100 and 200 series Courses, and are intended to develop the Learner's understanding of sandplay process.
Each test is individually read and evaluated by our Facilitator, Barbara Turner, PhD. If Dr. Turner determines that test responses need more work, tests will be returned with suggestions for further reading, re-writing, and so on.
Our objective is to develop understanding of Jungian sandplay therapy. Just completing the test does not insure the issuance of the Certificate of Completion. The Learner must successfully pass the test to be granted credit.
- Course 304 - Reading
- Course 304 - Lesson 1
- Course 304 - Lesson 2
- Course 304 - Lesson 3
- Course 304-1 Essay
- Course 304-2 Quiz