Jungian Theory in Sandplay Therapy – Part 3
Individuation, Differentiation, Compensation & Adaptation
About this course
This is the third in our series on Jungian personality theory in Sandplay therapy. In this course we examine Individuation, Differentiation, Compensation and Adaptation. Continuing to build on the material gained in Courses 301 and 302, this course examines the processes involved in strengthening the ego’s alignment with the Self.
- Define the dynamics “individuation,” “differentiation,” “compensation,” and “adaptation” from the personality theory of Carl G. Jung
- Examine the functions of these dynamics of Jungian theory in psychic healing and transformation
- Explore Sandplay case material, using these psychic dynamics from Jungian theory as a framework for mapping the psychological changes undergone by the client in Sandplay work.
- Provide the therapist with a tool for entering a more conscious relationship with the largely unconscious Sandplay material.
After taking this class, the Learner will be able to…
- Articulate the psychic dynamics of individuation, differentiation, compensation and adaptation from Carl G. Jungs personality theory
- Have a working understanding of these dynamics of personality in the changes undergone by the psyche in processes of healing and transformation
- Work with sandplay case material using these terms from Jungian theory as a framework for better comprehending the process
- Recognize the value of and utilize Jungian theory as one means of working with sandplay
Reading: 99 Pages
Case Material: 15 Sand Trays
Test: 117 Questions …used as a study tool
CE Hours: 15 Continuing Education &/or Training Hours
Enrollment Fee $115.00