About this course
Jungian Theory in Sandplay Therapy - Part 3
Individuation, Differentiation, Compensation & Adaptation
This is the third in our series on Jungian personality theory in Sandplay therapy. In this course we examine Individuation, Differentiation, Compensation and Adaptation.
Important: The site does not save any unfinished work. We recommend that you copy and paste the Quiz questions into a Word Document and work from there. When you are ready, you can transfer your answers to the online Quiz.
Learning Objectives and Goals - Course 303
1. Define the dynamics "individuation," "differentiation," "compensation," and "adaptation" from the personality theory of Carl G. Jung
2. Examine the functions of these dynamics of Jungian theory in psychic healing and transformation
3. Explore sandplay case material, using these psychic dynamics from Jungian theory as a framework for mapping the psychological changes undergone by the client in sandplay work
Provide the therapist with a tool for entering a more conscious relationship with the largely unconscious sandplay material.
After taking this class, the Learner will be able to...
1. Articulate the psychic dynamics of individuation, differentiation, compensation and adaptation from Carl G. Jungs personality theory
2. Have a working understanding of these dynamics of personality in the changes undergone by the psyche in processes of healing and transformation
3. Work with sandplay case material using these terms from Jungian theory as a framework for better comprehending the process
4. Recognize the value of and utilize Jungian theory as one means of working with sandplay
Reading 99 Pages
Case Material 15 Sand Trays
Test 117 Questions ...used as a study tool
CE Hours 15 Continuing Education Units and/or Training Hours
Enrollment Fee $115.00
The 300 series Courses are more advanced studies of the sandplay process that involve intensive work applying theory to actual sandplay case material. These courses build upon the prior work from the 100 and 200 series Courses, and are intended to develop the Learners understanding of sandplay process.
Each test is individually read and evaluated by our Facilitator, Barbara Turner, PhD. If Dr. Turner determines that test responses need more work, tests will be returned with suggestions for further reading, re-writing, and so on.
Our objective is to develop understanding of Jungian sandplay therapy. Just completing the test does not insure the issuance of the Certificate of Completion.
- Course 303 - Reading
- Course 303 - Lesson Material
- Course 303 - Case Study Material
- Course 303 - Essay Questions
- Course 303 - Evaluation