In-Person Core Training in Jungian Sandplay
Please Note: Training in Sandplay therapy is for licensed mental health clinicians, or graduate students on a licensing path. If your region does not require licensing, we rely upon your regional standards for qualifying as a mental health clinician.
Core Training in Sandplay Therapy – What it is
These courses are intended for licensed psychologists and mental health clinicians, graduate and post graduate students of psychology or mental health on a clinical licensing track.
Course Entrance by Application
Live courses are held in the California desert resort area of Palm Springs. Class sizes are small, creating an intimate study experience with emphasis on the clinician’s personal learning. Participants are responsible for their own travel arrangements & costs. Shuttle service is provided to and from the hotel.
See our page for Information on: Travel & Accommodations
Association for Sandplay Therapy
Certified Core Training in Sandplay Therapy
Sandplay I – Introduction & Foundations
10 Days – 60 hrs
See upcoming dates
Historic Hot Springs, Arkansas
- Introduction to Sandplay Therapy – 20 hours
- Symbols in Sandplay – 6.5 hrs
- Tracking the Process of Psychic Change in Sandplay – 6.5 hrs
- Sandplay With Children & Adults; integrating Sandplay in to the play therapy practice – 13 hrs
- In-Depth Sandplay Case Study: Application of Principles Theory to Participant Case Work – 14 hrs
Sandplay II – Advanced Training
10 Days – 60 Hours
See upcoming dates
Please Note: Prerequisite for Sandplay II is Sandplay I or the Equivalent
- Jungian Personality Theory in Sandplay – 6.5 hrs
- Understanding Sandplay Process – 19 hrs
- Neurobiology of Sandplay – 6.5 hrs
- Developmental Considerations in Sandplay Process – 6.5
- Play Therapy Tools Preparing Developmentally Delayed Clients for Sandplay – 6.5
- In-Depth Sandplay Case Study: Application of Principles & Theory to Participant Case Work – 15 hrs
Please Note: Trainings require a minimum of twelve participants
Sandplay I or Sandplay II
See upcoming dates on Training Calendar
1. Single Payment of – $1,650
includes non-refundable deposit of $200
2. Deposit at acceptance $200
$1,450 balance due 4 months before start of training
3. Non-refundable deposit of $450 due at acceptance to training
Followed by three – 3 – Installment Payments – US Total = $1,800
$450.00 due 7 months from training
$450.00 due 5 months from start of training
$450.00 due 3 months from start of training
Please note: In order to hold your place in the training, you must make your tuition payment deposit. See Payments Page
Classes cancelled up to and including 90 days prior to scheduled date are charged the deposit fee + 10% administration fee. 89 – 65 days prior = 25% of course fee; 64 – 30 days prior = 50% of course fee; 29 -15 days prior = 75% of course fee; 14 days or fewer prior = no refunds – 75% admin fee – 25% of course fee goes to course credit for 2 years from date of original course.
We cannot be responsible for cancelled flight charges in the event a training must be cancelled.
Continuing Education & Professional Training Hours
Barbara Turner, PhD, is approved to offer Certified Barbara A. Turner, PhD is approved to offer continuing education hours and/or training hours by the Association for Play Therapy – APT Approved Provider No. 00-079 and maintains responsibility for the program.
Remember . . . Always check with your licensing and accrediting boards.