Course 201 – Introduction to Sandplay Therapy: Overview of Process & Procedures – Part 1
About this Course
This is the first of a three-part series introducing the Jungian Sandplay therapy method. This course features an overview of the procedures in Jungian Sandplay. This class introduces Dora M. Kalff’s theoretical concepts of the how Sandplay works to heal and transform.
- Introduce Jungian Sandplay therapy as a non-verbal play therapy.
- Become familiar with the basic tools and equipment involved in the play therapy modality of Sandplay.
- Identify the procedures involved in the play therapy modality of Sandplay therapy.
- Explore the role of the therapist in the play therapy modality of Sandplay therapy.
- Discuss the Jungian theory that underlies the play therapy modality of Sandplay therapy.
- Introduce the concept of the symbol the play therapy modality of Sandplay.
- Illustrate these concepts with play therapy Sandplay casework.
After taking this class the participant will (will be able to)…
- Describe the basic tools and procedures involved in the the play therapy modality of Jungian Sandplay therapy.
- Have a fundamental grasp of Jungian personality theory and its role in the play therapy modality of Sandplay.
- Understand how and why Jungian Sandplay is a play therapy.
- Have a fundamental grasp of how symbols move the psyche in the the play therapy modality of Sandplay through the case examples provided.
- Have a clear understanding of why thorough training is necessary for practicing the play therapy modality of Jungian Sandplay.
CE Hours: 6
Reading: The Handbook of Sandplay Therapy – Turner…pages 1-5
Sandplay: A Psychotherapeutic Approach to the Psyche
Kalff…pages ii, 1-18, 139-141
Test: 107 questions
Enrollment Fee: $49.00