Course 201 – Introduction to Sandplay Therapy: Overview of Process & Procedures – Part 1
About this Course
This is the first of a three-part series introducing the Jungian Sandplay therapy method. This course features an overview of the procedures in Jungian Sandplay. This class introduces Dora M. Kalff’s theoretical concepts of the how Sandplay works to heal and transform.
- Describe how Jungian Sandplay therapy is a non-verbal play therapy.
- Identify the basic tools and equipment involved in the play therapy modality of Sandplay.
- Discuss the procedures involved in the play therapy modality of Sandplay therapy.
- Explain the role of the therapist in the play therapy modality of Sandplay therapy.
- Discuss the Jungian theory that underlies the play therapy modality of Sandplay therapy.
- Describe the concept of the symbol the play therapy modality of Sandplay.
- Apply these concepts to play therapy Sandplay casework.
CE Hours: 6
Reading: The Handbook of Sandplay Therapy – Turner…pages 1-5
Sandplay: A Psychotherapeutic Approach to the Psyche
Kalff…pages ii, 1-18, 139-141
Test: 107 questions
Enrollment Fee: $49.00