Video Course 4
First Trays and Therapist Procedures
Click to enroll in this course
In this course, Dr. Turner examines the significance of the first tray in the Sandplay process.
- To learn how the presenting issues and the direction of the client’s healing and/or transformation is contained in Tray 1 in the play therapy modality of Sandplay.
- To assess the client’s inner resources for undergoing the psychic journey presented in Tray 1 in the play therapy modality of Sandplay.
- To recognize the relative strength of the ego in relationship to the Self by examining the relationships between figures in Tray 1 in the play therapy modality of Sandplay.
- To grasp the difference between the client’s conscious experience of the tray and the unconscious process articulated in Tray 1 in the play therapy modality of Sandplay.
- To recognize the significance of the symbolic material on the diagonals in the tray in the play therapy modality of Sandplay.
By taking this course the learner will be able to:
- Explain how the direction of the client’s psychotherapeutic work is present in Tray 1
- Describe some ways of recognizing the psychological strength and readiness to do the work laid out in Tray 1
- Recognize how the relationships between the symbolic figures in the tray indicate the client’s relative ego strength
- Apprehend the distinct difference between the client’s conscious and unconscious experiences in the tray
- Appreciate the significance of symbolic materials on the diagonals in Tray and how they often carry the essence of the client’s issues and/or psychological strengths to undergo the journey