Video Course 1-3
Introduction to Sandplay Therapy
In this course Dr. Turner starts at the beginning, assuming we know nothing about Jungian Sandplay and begins to build a foundation upon which the subsequent lessons are built.
- To understand what Sandplay is and does for the client in the play therapy setting
- To grasp the essential significance of play in the Sandplay method
- To recognize how what Dora Kalff referred to as the free and protected space is the arena of play
- To grasp the differences between sand tray therapy work and the play therapy modality of Jungian Sandplay
- To explain how the play therapy modality of Sandplay differs from verbal-rational therapies and dream work
- To explore how the play therapy modality of Jungian Sandplay provides the free and protected space to open to the play frame of mind
By taking this course, the learner will be able to:
- Articulate what Jungian Sandplay therapy is and what this method does for the client
- Describe the origins and development of Sandplay
- Explain how play underlies all that takes place in Sandplay and why it is essential to the process
- Describe how Kalff’s free and protected space is the play state of mind
- Explain how the three roots of Dora Kalff’s influence the Sandplay method
- Explain how Jungian Sandplay differs from other methods of working in the sand.
- Clarify the how Sandplay differs from verbal-rational therapies and dream work.
Course Video 20 min
Quiz 51 Questions
Training Hours 5