Video Course 1-3
Introduction to Sandplay Therapy
In this course Dr. Turner starts at the beginning, assuming we know nothing about Jungian Sandplay and begins to build a foundation upon which the subsequent lessons are built.
- To understand what Sandplay is and does for the client
- To grasp the essential significance of play in the Sandplay method
- To recognize how what Dora Kalff referred to as the free and protected space is the arena of play
- To grasp the differences between sand tray therapy work and Jungian Sandplay
- To explain how Sandplay differs from verbal-rational therapies and dream work
By taking this course, the learner will be able to:
- Articulate what Jungian Sandplay therapy is and what this method does for the client
- Describe the origins and development of Sandplay
- Explain how play underlies all that takes place in Sandplay and why it is essential to the process
- Describe how Kalff’s free and protected space is the play state of mind
- Explain how the three roots of Dora Kalff’s influence the Sandplay method
- Explain how Jungian Sandplay differs from other methods of working in the sand.
- Clarify the how Sandplay differs from verbal-rational therapies and dream work.
Course Video 20 min
Quiz 51 Questions
Training Hours 5