Introduction to Sandplay Therapy: Overview of Process and Procedures – Part 2
About this Course
This is the second course in a series of three, introducing the Jungian Sandplay therapy method. This course provides an overview of the theory and process of sandplay through the work of Estelle L. Weinrib.
This is a read and test course – There are no time limits
- Look at the necessary Sandplay tools and equipment in greater depth.
- Describe the procedures of the therapist during the Sandplay session.
- Explore the healing properties of the sand and images in sandplay.
- Define the fundamental functions of the psychic structure described by Jung and their roles in Sandplay.
- Introduce the concept and importance of the non-interpretive nature of Jungian Sandplay.
- Discuss the concept and role of the feminine components of the psyche.
- Examine the inherent relationship of play and the matriarchal levels of the psyche.
- Compare the differences between Sandplay and the verbal components of therapy.
- Study the concept of the free and protected space in Jungian Sandplay.
Examine how the three-dimensional nature of Sandplay elicits psychic growth and healing.
After taking this course the student will be able to…
- Describe the contents and equipment of a Jungian Sandplay room.
- Have a fundamental understanding of the importance of good Sandplay records.
- Have a fundamental grasp of how doing Sandplay promotes healing and growth, using terms from Jungian personality theory.
- Better understand how not interpreting the Sandplay facilitates the clients healing.
- Have a basic concept of how Jungian Sandplay accesses the matriarchal levels of the psyche, and why that it significant in psychotherapy.
- Have an understanding of how Sandplay and verbal therapy work together to strengthen the therapeutic setting.
- Have a foundational understanding of how play is inherent to the early phases of psychic development.
- Have a working grasp of the concept of the free and protected space and its role in healing.
- Have a basic grasp of how the three-dimensional aspect of Sandplay therapy facilitates healing and growth.
Training Hours: 7
Reading: Images of the Self: The Sandplay Therapy Process –
Weinrib: pages 11-34
Quiz: 150 question
Enrollment Fee: $59.00
Pay Course Tuition Fee & Enroll Now