Jungian Theory in Sandplay Therapy
The Four Functions, Persona, Shadow and Archetypes
Click to enroll in this course
This is the second course in a four-part series on Jungian personality theory in the Sandplay process. Building upon the material from
Course 301, in this course we study the four functions, and their role in the Sandplay experience of both client and therapist. Participants will take an on line personality type indicator, intended to facilitate their subjective modes of perception and experience as the therapist in the sandplay process. This course reviews the roles of the persona and the shadow, and examines the function of archetypes in the healing and transformation of Sandplay.
Learning Objectives and Goals – Course 302
- Define the “four functions,” the “persona,” the “shadow,” and the “archetypes” — elements from the personality theory of Carl G. Jung.
- Describe the interactive functions of these elements of Jungian theory in psychic healing and transformation
- Explain the nature of the persona in the play therapy modality of Sandplay.
- Describe the function of the shadow in the play therapy modality of Sandplay
- Discuss the concept of archetypes and their function in the play therapy modality of Sandplay
- Identify and compare the primary intrapsychic functions of the archetypes of the mother and of the father in the play therapy modality of Sandplay.
- Describe how the elements of Jungian theory are a framework for mapping the psychological changes undergone by the client in Sandplay work
- Discuss the functions of the shadow in actual casework in
- Identify the interactive functions of these elements of Jungian theory in psychic healing and transformation
- Prepare the therapist to be in a more conscious relationship with the largely unconscious Sandplay material
Reading: 9 pages
On Line Lessons: 5 pages
Sandplay Case Vignettes: 4 Vignettes, 6 Sand Trays
Sandplay Case: 14 Sand Trays
Quiz: 45 Questions
Test: 55 Short Answer Questions
CE Hours: 10 Continuing Education Hours or Training Hours
Enrollment Fee: $89.00