About this course
Introduction to Sandplay Therapy
Overview of Process and Procedures - Part 3
This course concludes the three part overview of sandplay process and procedures with Estelle L. Weinrib's application of Jungian theory to sandplay case material.
This is a read and test course.
- Using Jungian terminology, develop an understanding of how early developmental wounding impairs growth and how sandplay therapy creates the conditions to repair these wounds and resume healthy growth.
- Introduce and explore the roles of masculine and feminine energies in the psyches health and functioning.Examine the role of feminine and masculine energies in play.
- Identify and track the processes healing and development in sandplay casework.
- Explore the transference dynamic in the sandplay process, distinguishing it from transference in the verbal therapy.
- Introduce the concept of the synchronistic qualities of Jungian sandplay and explore its role in healing and transformation.
- Delve deeper into the elements of Jungian personality theory.
- Identify and explore the fundamental concepts of the process of sandplay therapy and how it appears in the sand tray.
- Introduce the concept of the transpersonal realm of consciousness and its role in sandplay.
After taking this course the student will (be able to )
- Using Jungian personality theory, articulate how early psychic wounding occurs, the impact it has on development, and how sandplay functions to heal these injuries.
- Have a working understanding of the differences and functions of masculine and feminine energies in psychic growth and development.
- Have a grasp of the dimension of play in relationship to masculine and feminine psychic energies.
- Be able to follow and describe the healing and growth of the clients through the sandplay symbols in the case work Illustrations provided.
- Articulate the nature of a synchronistic event and its operation in the sandplay process.
- Have an understanding of what is meant by the transpersonal realm and how this dimension of existence is accessed in sandplay therapy.
- Have an understanding of how sandplay therapy functions as an active psychic process and understand the characteristic phases of this process.
CE or Training Hours 7
Reading 70 pages
Quiz 125 questions
Enrollment Fee $59.00
- Course 203-Reading
- Course 203 - Quiz
- Course 203 - Evaluation